Members’ tours are only available to UK residents. These are free of charge and must be sponsored by a Member of Parliament (MP) or a Member of the House of Lords.
What does the tour cover?
A trained guide accompanies you on this tour through the House of Lords, the House of Commons and Westminster Hall.
Tours are subject to variation or cancellation due to Parliamentary business.
Times and availability
Tours are generally fully booked 6 months in advance. Demand is high so early booking and flexibility regarding dates and times is strongly recommended.
Tours last approximately 75 minutes and start between the following times:
During Parliamentary Sessions
- Monday: 9.00am-12noon (full tour)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9.00am-9.55am (full tour)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 10.00am-12noon (partial tour; House of Lords only)
- Thursday: no tours
- Sitting Fridays: 3.30pm-5.15pm (full tour)
- Non-Sitting Fridays: 9.30am-5.15pm (full tour)
Please note that when Parliament is sitting, the full tour route may not always be available or may be subject to last minute change.
- Summer Recess: Monday morning 9.30am-12.30pm (except Bank Holidays)
- Short November Recess: 9.30am-5.15pm
- All other recesses: Monday 9.30am-5.15pm (except Bank Holidays when an alternative day will be made available)
Tours are not available on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.